Whether you love motocross, endurocross or off-road, Revelstoke, B.C., has everything a dirt bike rider could want—except for maybe year-round riding. Located in the heart of the Columbia Mountains, Revelstoke sees a good six months of winter, but like any mountain town, the seasons change fast and when spring arrives, thoughts of powder-filled days quickly turn to the feel of a knobby tire in the terra firma.
Local motocross track
The Revy Riders Dirtbike Club has a large, outdoor-style motocross track, an endurocross track and a beginners' track at the club’s facility, which is located on Westside Road only 10 minutes from downtown Revelstoke.
- Features: The main motocross track features big sandy berms, natural elevation changes and large table-tops. Rocks, logs, tires and other obstacles are built into the club’s endurocross track to make it a real challenge for riders. And the kids', or beginners', track has a few jumps and berms to help new riders develop their skills.
- Hours of operation: The facility is open everyday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Track passes: Memberships and day passes are available at Glacier House Resort, Infinite Powersports and Rough Country Marine. You must be a member or purchase a $10 day pass and sign a waiver to ride the tracks.
Local dirt bike club
The Revy Riders Dirtbike Club began in 2008 when a keen group of riders rallied together to keep their local motocross track from being decommissioned. They were unsuccessful. Determined, however, not to let the dirt bike scene in Revelstoke whither, they obtained a tenure from the government and developed what is fast becoming one of the best dirt bike riding locales in southeastern B.C.
Dirt bike trails in Revelstoke
The Revy Riders maintain 80 kilometres of machine-built single-track trails in the Frisby Ridge area. The trails are mapped and riders can choose from loamy, more beginner-oriented routes to steep and rocky routes that are guaranteed to keep riders on their game. The scenery and views along the way are outstanding.
- Triple B Rally: This ladies-only ride usually takes place in July, and it includes a full day of trail riding, followed by a dinner, prizes and a bonfire in the evening.
- Papa John Classic Moto Weekend: Usually held in September, this two-day event features a poker ride and an off-road race that is exciting for spectators as well as competitors.