On the one hand, spending time outdoors can lead to a number of overall health and wellness benefits like lessening anxiety, boosting creativity, and getting vitamin D. But during this time of crisis, not all recreation is responsible.
Following that train of thought, there are some queries worth considering before hopping on your ATV. The British Columbia Snowmobile Federation has posed these questions to help you make appropriate decisions the next time you’re considering going for a ride.
- Am I coming into contact with surfaces that can hold and transfer the virus?
- Does this activity put me at risk for potential rescue, straining local resources?
- Am I leaving my home community?
- Will I potentially come within six feet of people who are not a part of my household?
- Does my recreation bring me in closer contact with vulnerable gateway communities?
- Will this put me in closer contact with vulnerable populations, such as those with compromised immune systems, persons over the age of 65, or those who are pregnant?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please find another form of recreation and alter your plans to keep your community safe.