More than 93,000 visitors came to the RidersWest website in 2017. What headlines grabbed their attention? Below, we compile a list of the top 10 most-read stories (based on pageviews) of 2017.
1. No ATVs Allowed
Ed Vermette is the founder of the Princeton ATV Club in Princeton, B.C., and he’s challenging town council’s tight grip on ATV use.
2. Best Dirt Bike Tires For Hard Enduro
Kitt Stringer puts six different brands of hard enduro tires to the test in some of the gnarliest terrain Canada has to offer.
3. Living Her Dream: Motorcyclist Rosie Gabrielle Rides Solo Around The World
Rosie Gabrielle from Vancouver, B.C., travels the globe, camera in hand and eyes wide open to new places, people and beautiful experiences.
4. 2016 World Champion Jet Boat Racer: Chat Burns
Chad Burns, from Grimshaw, Alberta, talks strategy, family and what it was like to win the 2016 world champion jet boat racing title.
5. A Vancouver Island ATV Tour You Won’t Soon Forget
The Campbell River ATV Club has a 400-kilometre circle tour that should bring more ORV visitors to the northern region of Vancouver Island, B.C.
6. The KIRK 2017: Historic Hare Scramble Or Hard Enduro?
Off-road racers take on a Vancouver Island, B.C., course modeled after the world’s toughest hard enduro.
7. Where and When To Go Riding In Rocky Mountain House
The Rocky Motorcycle Club is a welcoming bunch of folks that organize family-friendly events around Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
8. One Broken Biker: A Symbol Of Triumph Over Tragedy
Calgary, Alberta’s Glenn Lyth inspired One Broken Biker, an organization that helps riders like him triumph over tragedy
9. Flatlanders Go To The Mountains
In August of 2016, the Crowsnest Pass Quad Squad, the local ATV club in the area, hosted several members of the Queen City Quadders (Regina, Saskatchewan area ATV club) for a week of riding in the Castle area.
10. See-Dooing Amongst Icebergs: “The Trip Of A lifetime”
Watch professional adventure athlete Dave Norona riding Sea-Doos in Newfoundland amongst 20,000-year-old icebergs.